Toni Elmer, Owner of House Sprucing, Offers Tips for Creating Picture-Perfect Walls
When it comes to styling one’s home, every aspect of the space should be considered, including the walls. This can be a daunting task. But the folks at House Sprucing are up for the challenge.
“We are a full-service design boutique located in The Shops at Highland Village. We do everything from remodels and new builds to furniture, styling and custom drapes,” says owner Toni Elmer. “We also happen to have a retail space that we are excited for people to visit and shop.
“Our shop is pretty special. It’s broken into three parts. The front is retail space, where we hold our classes. The middle is more of a showroom, and the back is our client presentation area and design studio. We offer everything from decor for your shelves to custom furniture and, of course, all of our design services. No job is too big or too small.”
This month, Toni offers tips for homeowners on how to style their walls to fit their design aesthetic. For more information about House Sprucing’s services, classes and products, visit HouseSprucing.com.
1. Have variety. Don’t pick photos from just one event. For it to be memorable, it needs to contain more than one memory.
2. Lay it out. Trace your frames on paper and lay those out to make sure your sizes make sense.
3. Make it meaningful. Mix photos with art and typography to tell your story.
4. Mix frames and sizes. You don’t need them to match, and you actually don’t want them to.
5. Keep it tight. It’s better to stay close with 2- to 3-inch spacing rather than farther apart.