These Festive Wreaths Will Make the Season Extra Bright
One of the most traditional holiday symbols, aside from the evergreen tree, is the Christmas wreath. This year, consider thinking outside of the box with these clever wreath designs.
Woodland Holiday Wreath with a Touch of Glam
• Tip 1: Determine the size of wreath needed based on where you plan to hang it.
• Tip 2: Determine the placement of items before affixing them to the wreath base.
This traditional wreath adds a winter woodland touch to any home. The ball ornaments in natural tones add a touch of understated glamour. This wreath can be hung on an exterior door or inside the home.
The materials used include a 24-inch pine wreath, three stems of silver dollar eucalyptus, three stems of spiral eucalyptus, five miniature pinecone picks, two glitter pine bushes, one stem each of berries and eight ball ornaments.
To create this look, cut eucalyptus stems, pine cone picks, glitter pine bushes and berry stems into various sizes. Place the elements onto the wreath before gluing. Once you’ve created the perfect design, wire and hot glue all of the elements into place.
Boho Woodland Wreath
• Tip 1: Find and purchase a ready-made wreath form that you can embellish with additional items to create a one-of-a-kind look.
• Tip 2: If you wire on the ball ornaments, you can remove them after the holidays and continue to use the wreath throughout the year.
This delicate wreath is the perfect addition to smaller vignettes throughout the home.
The materials used include a ready-made wire wreath, ball ornaments, pine greenery picks and pinecones.
To create this look, wire greenery pieces together and then wire them onto a metal hoop. Lastly, wire on the ball ornaments.
Classic Ball Ornament Wreath
• Tip 1: Determine the overall size wreath you’re wanting to make because this will determine the size of the base wreath.
• Tip 2: Determine the color scheme and purchase various sizes of ball ornaments within that color scheme.
This beautiful ball ornament wreath brings classic elegance to any space.
The materials used include a 16-inch green foam wreath, 2-inch gold ribbon, ball ornaments in various sizes, pipe cleaners, a hot glue gun and glue sticks.
To create this look, wrap the foam wreath base with ribbon that matches the ornaments used. Next, create a loop made of pipe cleaners and attach to the top of the wreath (you will need this to hang the wreath). Next, determine where the ornaments should be placed and begin affixing them with hot glue. Keep adding ornaments until you reach the desired fullness. Lastly, fill any blank spaces with small filler ball ornaments.
Wreaths and tips provided by Kristy Mastrandonas of Kristy Mastrandonas Interior Design & Styling. For more holiday decorating inspiration, follow Kristy at Pinterest.com/KMastrandonas/seasonal-food-home-decor-winter and on Instagram @kristy_mastrandonas. For more information about Kristy Mastrandonas Interior Design & Styling, visit KristyMastrandonas.com.